Tuesday 19 November 2013

Apologies

Well, most of you who've been looking here have probably been thinking "What happened to the Queensryche, Green Day and Alice Cooper reviews you said you were going to do?" Honestly, I did try to write them. I really did. I've still got the drafts from my attempt to write the Queensryche and Green Day reviews. However, I just didn't think they were good enough to put on this blog. I was writing them and could only think "This is crap" when I glanced back over them, which isn't something I feel I should put on the blog. I want to put stuff on this blog that I feel I can stand behind, not something terrible that I'm just writing to fill up a schedule.

If you were wanting to see them and were coming back in the hope they were going to be published late, then I'm sorry to have to disappoint you. I'll admit, I'm not great at keeping to schedules, so that is probably the last time I'm going to try to come up with one. Basically, expect my blog to run on Valve time from this point on.

I'm NOT cancelling the Judas Priest reviews, but expect it to be a mega review that will be uploaded on the last day of the year (I'm running on UK time, so apologies if this means it ends up later or earlier than that date), not my previous plan of one review every two days.

I do plan to do those reviews I've not uploaded to the schedule I wanted to do, but expect them to be uploaded sometime next year. I do have two other posts I would like to do either before the end of the year or just after the start of it, one being a list of the best albums of 2013 I've purchased (which is about 35 albums at the minute, most of which is metal related and some of which is probably stuff that's flown under the radars of quite a few people...) and one being an analysis of fans not liking negative (or, at least, less-than-positive) reviews of things they do like. You probably know this from comments such as "This reviewer doesn't know what he's talking about" and "This reviewer isn't qualified to criticise this". This isn't something I've suffered from yet, but it's an attitude that I feel I need to examine in detail to explain just why this isn't the best response to criticism.

Thank you to everyone who has been visiting this blog and I can only hope I don't disappoint you with the Judas Priest reviews!

(I also have a short horror story written in the style of H P Lovecraft which I might share sometime over the next few weeks...)

No comments:

Post a Comment