Thursday 27 March 2014

A Thank You To The Breakdown Room

I woke up to receive a message that The Breakdown Room (the Queensryche forum I mentioned I'm a member of a few weeks ago) is going to be closing down soon due to the fact that the board was originally intended to be a vehicle for change in the Queensryche camp and a lot of other stuff that has now been met.

While I am in shock at the suddenness of this decision, I do respect the admin's decision to close the forum. I would just like to extend a special thank you to the forum, as it was Queensryche and Crimson Glory that made me interested in progressive metal and it was the site posting the documents that kept me interested in seeing what was going to happen in the band and, if it weren't for the forum, I might not have developed my (still budding) interest in progressive metal and become more open minded to music in general.

If any of my readers want to download and save the documents from the Queensryche court case, I highly recommend taking the time to do this as soon as you can. Why do I recommend doing this? Because I think that this is an incident that deserves to be remembered. Not so they can be held on to as a reason to detest Tate for his actions (although I wouldn't be surprised if that does happen, as he's done some pretty unpleasant things...), but because this is an event that we simply cannot allow to be swept under the rug and quietly forgotten, as it may well be necessary to have them in the future, even if only as a reference for how not to lead a band.

Let it not be forgotten.

Thank you to everyone for reading this and I hope that all Queensryche fans will join me in putting on Queensryche's music for at least the rest of the week. Because, regardless of whether or not you liked The Breakdown Room, we are all Queensryche fans and it's sad to see a forum like it disappear forever. But I guess it's better that it closes on its own terms.

For those of you who do want to read the full story on the forum's decision to close, I have provided a link to that section of the forum: http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=5366.msg120288;boardseen#new

To close this article off, I'm going to put up a song that makes me break down into tears whenever I hear it. It's not Queensryche related, but I think that this song really needs to be heard and, well, now's a good time to put it up. So, here's Midnight (the now deceased ex-lead vocalist of Crimsong Glory) and his cover of Sarah McLachlan's "Angel".

No comments:

Post a Comment