Tuesday 22 July 2014

Apologies For The Silence!

So yeah...some people who don't get linked to my blog from the Facebook page might be wondering why I've been so quiet over the last few weeks after having pretty much consistently managed to maintain a schedule of at least one post a week for the previous few months.

Well, in all honesty, it's because I've been having a lot of offline issues that have been cutting into my time and sapping my willingness to write reviews and articles, along with now having a local radio show (which is broadcasting in about six and a half hours, at the time of writing) that has divided my attention a bit and now being a contributor (if probably the quietest contributor of all time) on a metal site. I won't go into the details about my offline stuff, as you probably don't need to know them, but, to make a long story short, these issues have just made things really tough to get fired up to write stuff, which means I've pretty much been stuck with writer's block for the last few weeks. Now, I DO have two finished reviews which I could post (and fully intend to do so once I've got them proofread) and I'm currently working on my debut review as a contributor for the site I mentioned (specifically, for the album Eternal Battle by Avenguard: this is not one I was assigned to do, this is one I'm doing for myself), but another issue that's hit recently is the fact that the laptop I write most of my reviews on and which contains all of the music I want to review is now nearly full up with the memory, which also means that I can't do VLOG reviews like I was wanting to do (since it's not my laptop, but my mum's, deleting stuff off of the laptop isn't something I can do: even when I deleted literally every file I've put on the laptop, I still couldn't export the video out to youtube!), which has also set back my enthusiasm a bit.

So yeah...I basically keep hitting roadblocks that have been setting me back.

Luckily, there's a silver lining to all of this: the issues, for the most part, are sorting themselves out at the minute and the radio show has given me a valid reason to get out of the house more. I also have recently received a film which is quite literally so bad that I've been fired up to review it. The only downside is that I now don't want to watch it again to continue reviewing it!

I will stress, I have NOT given up work on this blog! I do fully intend to get back into this when I can (the sheer number of unfinished reviews I've got in my unpublished section just from the last few weeks alone could attest to that), but, at the moment, everything else is just stopping me from doing this. When I do get fired up again, though, you can bet that I'll be back for good!

Thanks to everyone for their patience and I hope you can understand why I've not been posting new stuff for a while now!

No comments:

Post a Comment