Thursday 16 October 2014

An Apology For Blind Fury

...OK, I've had a few hours of sleep and some proper time to calm down.

I'll be completely honest, yesterday (as I mentioned at the start of my article) was what most people would probably call "ones of those days". I'd gone to sleep the previous day already annoyed from that revelation connected to the anime and, by the time I wrote yesterday's article, I was pretty much livid with the state of the world because of that personal thing I brought up and the issue I talked about. That article I put up yesterday was pretty much me writing while so furious that I was completely unable to think straight...and I actually feel somewhat ashamed that I even put it up now, as it was not an article that I should have written in the first place.

While most of what I said is still what I stand by, descending to the extent of profanity that I did was simply unacceptable, as I try to consider myself somewhat professional about these in that I keep my use of strong language to a minimum, and, for that, I do apologise if anyone reading the article took offence.

I'll be totally honest, when I re-read it back before writing this, I wanted to take it down. However, even if I did take it down right now, most of you reading this have no doubt made back up copies of it, so there's not a huge amount of point in me taking it down. This is the internet: if you put something up on it, you have to accept that there's no way it'll completely disappear from it, and I'm going to accept the consequences of saying what I said instead of trying to act like it doesn't exist just because I've taken it down from my blog.

So yeah...if you took offence to my previous article due to the levels of profanity, then I apologise for going to the extent that I did with it and will endeavour to avoid going to anywhere near that extent in the future. If you think my article was not as well written as they usually are, then I truly apologise for putting up subpar content and hope that you can rest assured that I don't intend to make a repeat of yesterday's article: if I'm livid about something, I'm not going to write about it, I'm going to find some way to calm down and come back to it when I'm not furious to see if I can talk about it without the tone I used yesterday. If you're offended by what I said in the article and want me to take it down...then I'm truly sorry if you're offended for a perfectly valid reason, but I'm not taking it down, and no threats will make me do that. I've not got a large reader base (no, seriously: my average article views tends to be about 5 to 10 readers. In fact, the McBusted single review I did last week was the largest number of viewers I've had since August, and even that is only about 30 views total! Granted, I don't promote my blog in the slightest, so there's a reason for that, but still...), so me losing a few readers isn't going to bother me that much, since I don't earn any money from doing this blog in any case (no offence intended to my regular readers by saying that, I'm just pointing out that I'm very much a small name on the internet and I do all of this to pass the time anyway, so I would probably still post my articles even if I had no audience!), and threatening me is ultimately pointless because, well, threatening someone from behind a computer screen falls apart when you realise that my mental images of the person on the other side of the screen making the threat can make you out to be a tiny mouse and not the seven foot tall muscleman with an armoury that the US army would be envious of that you're trying to pretend to be.

Also, you can't shoot someone through the internet. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment